Mango cultivation is conditioned by a number of requirements regarding the
- Altitude: Less than 350 m above sea level.
- Soils: Permeable and well drained.
- Active limestone: < 10 % and with maximum pH of 8.
- Water: Preferably less than 250 mg of chloride and 150 mg of sodium.
- Minimum and maximum temperatures: 35/38º and 2º respectively.
- Humidity in bloom: 50/60%
- Winds: Sensitive to above 60 km. /h. winds.
- Water requirements for one hectare: 125/150 m3/week in maximum need months, for an orchard of adult trees.