Origin: North of South America and Central America.
Tree: South tropical, evergreen and medium sized.
- Thin leaves with a smooth shiny green surface and lanceolated with a short stem.
- It tolerates moderately cold temperatures, but not below 0 º C.
- It adapts well to all soil types but prefers loamy ones.
- It should be irrigated 3 times a week in summer, 2 in spring and 1 in autumn.
- It starts bearing at 3-4 years.
Fruit: It is light yellow and ends in a point. Its flesh is very sweet and creamy. It can be eaten fresh or in smoothies, ice cream or cakes.
Fruit weight: From 100 to 250 g.
Fruit ripening: From early July until its end.
Tree distance: 5 x 5 definitive.
Varieties: Bruce y Fes.